Empowering defence sector to become self-sufficient though indigenisation
India is the world’s largest importer of defence equipment, with 60% of its requirements met from outside the country. Currently, the country allocates about 1.8 percent of its GDP to defence spending. In fact, India ranks amongst the top 10 countries in the world in terms of its military expenditure, which makes it one of the most attractive markets for defence. With the government’s agenda to reduce import dependence in defence by 35-40 percent, it is actively promoting indigenous defence manufacturing with initiatives like Make in India.
As India’s geo-political and economic ambitions grow, it needs to develop robust indigenous manufacturing capabilities and ecosystem to secure its ambition for self-reliance in the Aerospace and Defence industry.
Owing to the dynamic security environment, India’s defence requirements are likely to increase in the foreseeable future making indigenous development of modern defence hardware and technology a top priority for the government.
Since its commencement in 1985, Acme has been focused on indigenisation and import substitutions of varieties of Ground Support Equipment and AGS spares for various combat aircraft such as MiG variants, MI series, Sukhoi (SU- 30 MKI) , Jaguar , military transport aircraft like AN 32 and helicopters such as Cheetah, Chetak, Kiran etc. through reverse engineering process.
Acme has been approved from almost all IAF Stations, BRDs, EDs and HAL across India.
Our three decades long , close business relationship with Indian Air Force and HAL , coupled with pro-active leadership from former senior HAL personnels, working at Acme, have given our organization the capabilities and enough maturity to understand the need Indian defence sector and help them with innovative , cost effective, critical engineering solutions.
Our aim is to work more closely with defence sector , as a Co-Developer / Co- manufacturer , rather than just a vendor and we believe this would be the way forward for Indian defence sector to achieve cent percent self-sufficiency.
Experience & Expertise
- Serving Indian Air Force with various customised Engineering solutions for different combat aircraft and helicopters over three decades.
- Approved from different BRDs (1 BRD, 3 BRD, 4 BRD, 8 BRD and 11 BRD), EDs and HAL for supply of critical AGS spares and GSEs.
- Developed critical items like device for removal/installation of Article 88 and UPK-300 crane for state of the art combat aircraft MiG29 and Sukhoi 30 MKI respectively.
- 5 TETTRA School, IAF received the Certificate Of Excellence from Honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, with the help of our innovative solution — Lifting Jack For PGL-21I for Bison Aircraft , as a part of Make in India drive.
- Naval Aviation Service and Development Organisation (NASDO) Goa , has been pleased with our customised solutions for static discharge pole.